Modular Homes: The benefits of Building Modular
You have finally decided to take the leap and build your own home. It is a big step and one that should be completed with care. When you are searching for builders and floor plans, you should not overlook the opportunity to build using a modular home. Modular homes have many benefits that site-built homes do not provide.
- Modular homes cost less to build. Modular home builders purchase supplies in bulk and can build multiple parts of the home at the same time. This reduces the cost of building which is transferred to the customer. The reduced cost allows people to purchase more square footage for the same money they may have spent on a site-built home.
- Modular homes are built in a controlled environment. Since these homes are built in a factory setting there are never weather delays or damage to worry about. Another benefit of a factory setting is that there are strict quality control measures in place. Superior quality control will allow a better product to be made.
- All homes are custom designed. You can create your dream home and add all the amenities you desire. All floor plans are customized to meet the client’s needs, traditional designs are not required.
- A modular home is completed quickly. These homes are completed faster and built on site quicker, than a standard site-built home.
- A modular home is energy efficient. Most modular homes fall under the Energy Star rating system because they use less energy than a standard home. The reduction in electrical consumption will reflect each month on your power bill.
- Modular Homes require less maintenance. These homes are built in a factory and shipped to a site for completion. The structure must be extra sturdy to ship without damage. This extra durability is noticeable as the home ages and does not need as much maintenance as other homes do that was built at the same time.
- It is not a portable home. There is a large misconception that a modular home is a mobile home because the building is not built on site. This is not correct. A modular home is secured to the property just like a regular home. There are no wheels attached to the structure and it cannot be moved.
So, while you are investigating options to your next home, make sure to put a Modular Home on the list to consider. You may quickly find that the advantages on cost, schedule, ease of build, value and quality will move Modular Homes to the top of your list.
ModularHomesNetwork.com (http://www.modularhomesnetwork.com) is the authoritative source on the modular home industry. On this site you will be able to access all the information you need about building your own modular home. This site has a plethora of information about builders, home styles, green construction and fabrication and even financing. Everything you want to know, everything you need to know about modular homes can be found here.